An excerpt from Robert Fulghum’s book, “All I Really Need To Know, I Learned In Kindergarten“.
A Storyteller’s Credo:
- I believe that imagination is stronger than knowledge.
- That myth is more potent than history.
- That dreams are more powerful than facts.
- That hope always triumphs over experience.
- That laughter is only cure for GRIEF
- And I believe that love is stronger than death.
- Share everything; play fair; don’t hit people.
- Put things back where you found them.
- Clean up your own mess.
- Don’t take things that aren’t yours.
- Say sorry when you hurt somebody.
- Wash your hands before you eat.
- Warm cookies + Cold milk are good for you.
- Live a balanced life.
- Take a nap every afternoon.
- When you go into the world, watch out for traffic, hold hands and stick together.
- Wonder, look.
- Everything looks better at a distance.
- If you made it up, you have to live it down.
- Everything is compost.
- There is no THEY, only US.
- It’s a mistake to believe everything you think.
- You can get used to anything.
- Sometimes, things are just bad as it seems.
- It helps if you always have somebody to kiss good night.
- Men are a living contradiction.
If you had your life to live over, what would you do?